Synergy respects the privacy of all its candidates, clients or vendors and endeavors to use the information entrusted to it with abundant caution and in accordance with all the applicable laws.
For candidates, who may be based in the European Union and may wish to apply for any current or future roles, the following Data Privacy terms will be applicable and by proceeding to provide your details, you are providing your consent to the terms of collection, retention, and usage.
We are keen to protect your personal data and, for the sake of transparency, hereby notify you the following summarized information about data processing at our end.
• Personal data elements collected: We collect personal identification information (including your full name, address, city, country, Post code, phone number, and where required, date of birth, gender, photograph, official identity proof, visa/permit etc.), educational information (including diplomas, degrees, certifications, licenses and others), and job-related information (including work authorization, previous employers, dates of service, work locations, current and/or expected remuneration and benefits arrangements, availability timelines, notice periods etc.) and where required, other background check related information (tax and financial information, credit check, criminal record etc.) and any extra information that you may mention in your application, resume or correspondence, or our clients may require on your application or you or your referees may choose to tell us or is available on Job boards, social/professional networking sites or via search engines.
• Purpose of collection: We use the information primarily for the following purposes: (i) Recruitment related activities, including assessing the candidate’s suitability for a current or future role and to help them make their next career move, and to recommend the candidate to our Clients and provide all details required by our Clients to help them reach a hiring decision; (ii) Recruitment activities to review the candidate’s fitment for other potential career opportunities through manual or automated profiling and communicate with the applicant regarding these career opportunities; (iii) Any promotional activities, if required, to enable us to identify other suitable candidates for specific roles; (iv) to comply with applicable laws and regulations and defend any legal claims;
• Data Recipients / Accessibility: The Personal Data is accessible to authorized relevant employees and our client’s personnel who have a need to know this information in order to carry out their responsibilities of assessment, interviewing or selection. This may include our recruitment consultants, delivery & data managers, relationship managers and our client’s Human Resources employees in Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Compliance, and Onboarding, and other employees participating in the hiring process. The data may also be accessible to third party service providers such as our accountancy and technology platform providers who may perform necessary functions on our behalf. We may also be required to share this data in the future with third parties who may want to seek a reference on your services delivered (if as a contractor) working with us. The Personal Data may also be required to be disclosed to governmental entities authorized to review and enforce compliance with applicable laws.
• Data transfer (International): If necessary for the above-stated purpose, the Personal Data listed above may be transferred to our, client’s, advisors or vendors’ international offices located in the European Union or anywhere and be made accessible to Interviewers based across different relevant offices of the clients.
• Data Security: Appropriate organizational and technical measures are in place and will be taken to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, unauthorized or accidental loss or destruction of the Personal Data.
• Data Retention: Personal Data that is no longer required to be retained as per legal and business requirements will be disposed of in a secure manner.